Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Memories: Sewing PT2

Not in the best of moods today, so I figured going through my albums and sharing photos would help. Lets see... I will share some MSD Ball jointed doll stuff. I am a little bummed some photos I have aren't even my dolls.... and its a little painful. Weeding through to find my dolls is sad. Anyways I will start with a guy I regret selling now.

 
 
I was so exxcited when the JID line at Iplehouse was released and of course I hoped to own this particular sculpt. When I finally did (thanks to an old friend) I found out they were a special clothing size. How convenient the only place at the time to get clothes for them was Iplehouse. Back at that time period of my life, I couldn't afford it. So I resorted to make simple clothes for him. I was successful at making pants but shirts were another story. ha ha.
I had another MSD boy I sold that I was never able to give him clothes of his own. I used him if I entered swaps that required I give my partner male clothes
 I always felt like my clothes never suited certain dolls I have had. I think its why I suffer now being unable to make things the way I used to.

Moving on of course... this next set I will never forget making the cloak. I messed it up once and had to remake it. I was so irritated at myself for making the mistake I did.
I loved the pattern of the dress but I also hated using those gigantic buttons even if they were cute. I have learned a lot about sewing for BJD since. Sometimes large print which is out of scale for them, doesn't bother me. For some reason just the button scale does?

During this time I loved sewing a lot and would try to go out of my usual range in sewing. Even for YoSD sizes. I had a littlfee bisou that was subjected to my experiments.
I was not used to going from cute to anything else but I really loved making stuff like this after all.

I have even tried taking cute to a new level. I think back then bubble skirts were a popular item. Or maybe that was me....?


I even sewn different types of outfits... aka non dresses.
I loved making rompers although I doubt I would make another one again xD.
I could fill a whole entry with rompers I made....
I am kind of glad I stopped making them. ha ha. Its been enjoying seeing what I could make though.

This is one of those dresses I loved making. I didn't think I could do stuff like this either. I am very impatient.
 I always told myself you never know if you don't try and when something turned out right I really felt like I could make anything.

I feel like I am always proving myself wrong. This is one of the first yosd dresses I put time and effort into making. This is probably the first time I had the desire to share/sell something I made because I was proud of the end result.

I was able to make stuff like this and sell it and that made me incredibly happy that people wanted to buy the dresses. 

I even tried  making pukifee/lati yellow sized items
I have another pukifee now and all I can seem to make for her is hoodies. I hope one day I can make this kind of stuff again.

Hoodies will always be an item I love for BJD.

They're simple for me to make and I just love them over all. I have totally made more than this but there was a time I didn't think to snap pictures.

Anyways I will end this post with the last YoSD dress I made:
I made this after I made the sailor sets (see last memory post). I do not recall making a yosd dress like this since. I have helped my niece make smock dresses for her girl though. Makes me feel sad that I am not into sewing as much anymore. I should feel totally inspired now though.

I am working on another hoodie for rosemary and possibly some cardigans to come.

No comments: