Monday, May 5, 2014

Memory Lane: Sewing PT1

Sometimes I like to go through old photos and see what I miss or just for that nostalgic feeling. I almost always think why am I not still doing that or why do I not still have it. Sewing is the one area of my life that it leaves me with a "What Happened?".

I found out that I loved sewing for girls the most and I think when was I unable to make a dress?
I always loved making dresses. My touch was always a ribbon with a side decoration. I even learned to make boleros to go with dresses. Having an SD meant learning to work with solid boobs. Which wasn't easy for me. I fail at shaping. xD.

When I made these dresses I thought to myself later, how the hell did I do that?! I couldn't seem to make a second one, no matter how hard I tried.

Making for MSD was easier, even with boobs. (This is not my doll, its an ex friends)
 I love how the dress turned out and was never able to make another one like it.
I don't know what is stopping me from making these anymore. I still have two beautiful MSD girls to work with.

One of my most favorite items I have ever made were these MSD shorts.
With my knowledge of pockets I could improve them now... it would be nice to make belt loops too but there is only so much I am willing to sew by hand... hehe

Another of my favorite things to sew are matching/twin outfits.

I have made a lot of clothes and mainly for sale or gifts. It brings me a lot of joy just sitting back and looking through them all. Next time I will share more MSD/YoSD.

No comments: