Sunday, June 8, 2014

Weekend projects

Over the weekend I was enthusiastic about sewing a new tissue pouch because I am used to the way I do them, I was looking forward to having a nice bordered look.
I made one for my niece to give to her friend for her birthday. I also turned a keychain into a cellphone charm since her friend is a huge Inuyasha fan.

So while that was super easy to make I was more concerned if I could alter these capris my niece ripped. While the rip was fixable I notice she didn't have much for summer wear anymore. While she was going to her parents house for a few weeks and it would be hot there I thought why not turn those capri pants into cuffed shorts. I have never altered human clothes (or any clothes actually), so I was doubting myself a little. I still was going to try. My niece picked out this fabric from my stash. It was a pain to work with but its very soft.

After I cut the cuff and pant legs I was ready to sew.



I thought it would have taken forever to hand sew but it really was quick. amd the best news was it worked.

After ironing them I had her try them on. I realized they need to be top stitched since the fabric is flimsy.

I figured I would take a break before doing it. I am totally addicted to these chips. I ran out of steam so I only got one leg done. Will probably finish the leg tonight since I have nothing to do.

A few years ago my niece and I found this song on Youtube and it made us laugh, so occasionally I go listen to it to recharge.

2 comments:

Debi said...

I love that tissue pouch! The fabric is really pretty, and it turned out so well :D The shorts look great too! But those chips are making me hungry, I used to love eating stuff like that… Eat some for me, please! ^-^

Ryoko said...

@Debi, it really turned out pretty. I am considering making a bunch just because. I was so happy and proud about the shorts. It makes me hope I can take on other projects. I totally will eat some in your honor. I went to the store the other day and they were on sale for a normal size bag ; _ ; so I bought one and then my dad bought me one. lol.