Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Always summer, not always sunny.

A lot has been going on lately and its left me exhausted. Why do I struggle to get over people? I wonder. During my lifetime I spent too much time worrying about people foolishly. I will probably always be like that. Its sad how easy it is to walk away now but how hard it is to forget.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Anyways the other day we had a new roof installed but all the other discussed tasks were not completed. So now they have to come back and tear the roof off and start over. I just hope it gets over with quickly with no new errors. My mom was supposed to fill out papers to get a grant for the roof since my family can't actually afford it even though we needed it. I have a small bad feeling.

That aside, I really love cooking meals that are so good we talk about days later. I have been wanting to make my niece some dragon rolls (sushi). So instead of spending more time on it I made "sushi bowls" for us.
Well the clear difference is instead of plain avocado slices I made a guacamole. The tempura shrimp was so crispy and good. I also made a cilantro-lime rice. I made my parents some baked salmon instead of tempura. They loved it. Its hard to prepare meals on a small budget so everyone knows that little extra on grocery day is special. I have always hated that people get the wrong idea about us. We are poor, that is a fact but I know how to shop for deals/sales. So we get our good food days more than when I was growing up. I am proud of myself for teaching myself to cook and for wanting to learn to cook. (Otherwise we would still be eating hamburger helper every night).

No comments: