Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Summer is almost over :(

So far my summer has been spent lazily. Now in my last efforts to make it seem more fulfilling I am planning my nieces birthday party for September. I decided to make mini party hats and try to stick to a theme. There is so much to do and I only just started on her hat. I have to finish the bottom part and it will be ready to decorate....

Ignore the pearls they were there so you could see the shape of the hat. :D its not going too bad. I had this ambitious idea for the guests hats to be tricorn instead of top so lets see how that goes.

These look like they could be little BJD hats, which would be fun. Speaking of BJD I recently purchased two MSD size tops for my girl Yuta and my nieces boy Rou.
I got them from Starrshine Designs on etsy. I was hoping the MSD would go with all these skirts I had but couldn't use due to tops shortage and it doesnt look good with any of them. I need to try it on Yume but I am sure it will be the same result. I need it to be cut shorter for it to work maybe.

A guest has come to visit here:
 
 
 My good friend Ann moved off to Japan recently and sent her first guy Nocty (MnM Hizumi of
D'espairsRay) for a babysitting. I also have the "joy" of restringing him. Hopefully for the duration of his stay you'll see more bjd related photos.

Today I snapped a few photos: (Click to enlarge these please!)
Yume is my very first bjd that I went through a lot of sadness. When I first got him he reaked of cat urine, his face up came off and he went through two professional face ups and then I traded him off because he didnt fit in with the other sizes I had (there was a lot of other shit, whatever)... I got him back last year. Talk about a roller coaster ride. I remember when Ann came to see me all the way from New York for a few days and we took photos of Nocty and Yume together, they seem like perfect buddies. So maybe its just me but Nocty looks so pleased to be with Yume again. ha ha.

Or pleased that he hurt my finger by snapping his hand off and a huge ordeal to screw it back on and the damn string snapped my hand. Its swollen but wasn't going to stop me from getting a picture or two today.

Last BJD pic of this post is my two girls, I got two years ago. I don't do much with my littlefee anymore because I am totally crazy for my pukifee. She is just so adorable. Wish I had an army of them.

Moving on. This summer I have been playing cellphone otome games. I just cleared two normal routes since I am lame.
 I really like the Cinderella contract but when I went the Rossiyskaya route I wasn't sure who I wanted to go after. Yuri the silver hair guy is totally crazy. I was so shocked when I had read somewhere that his route and Claudes route were normal and everyone else was so violent and felt it was a total lie! Yelisha the brown haired cutie, was my favorite til the end when he snapped..... and just ugh I won't be trying for a good end again. Since I couldn't decide who at first I messed up so many answers lol. I then noticed a new game pop up 'My Sweet Proposal'. I started playing and it was so much fun... but I can't stand the female lead (played by you). She is very unreasonable and comes off indecisive and selfish even though everyone says how generous and lovely she is. At the end of Todo's route I was like someone stab this bitch. Other than that it was fun. I got the good end because I messed up only two answers and no regrets because I don't want to have to pay to unlock the rare item needed to see that ending.

Aside from otome games I am for a third damn time playing Koei's Warriors Orochi 3 (long story short I had purchased the euro disc release and had no DLC content and my friend had the US release with DLC so I redownloaded hers). I am trying to get everything and max all my favorites out so when Ultimate hits in early September I will be able to play with no worries.
I like the Samurai Disguises DLC. I was so suprised No-hime recieved ZuRong's outfit. I love both of them but this outfit is so risque on her!

So apart of my crafting ideas for summer I wanted to work with sculpy and create unique charms. Its not going so bad I am having a lot of fun. I made myself this which I need to glaze and add a photo to.
I also sketched a little
I haven't been cooking as much since its been way too hot and we have no aircon downstairs. Last week I made baked breaded pork cutlets and since I don't eat pork cutlets we had a leftover that I turned into a fried rice for everyone the next day.
 
 
It was devoured instantly. That makes me happy. I think one of the easiest, quickest meals is a fried rice. Especially from left overs.


I will leave you with my favorite summer photo....
When my dad was doing yardwork he found a $20 bill, it was so hot out he came over and asked if we wanted a big gulp or slurpee and of course my niece and I said yes but on one condition... we get the mustache straws. ha ha. So we snapped goofy selfies with them.

I post on instagram a lot so if you want to follow me or just check the photos out please do!

No comments: